Sunday, November 14, 2010

Persimmon Cookies

I got some persimmons in my Bountiful Basket this week, and I remembered how much I did NOT like them when I was on my mission in California. Well, I found the reason persimmons were put on the earth. Persimmon Cookies. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I modified it a bit. Yum!
  • 2 ripe persimmons, pureed
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease
  • Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt.
  • Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar. Beat in the egg and persimmons. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined, stir in the chopped nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet.
  • Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment