Friday, May 21, 2010

Muddy Buddies

I really try not to make these very often because I eat way too much. Love them! My kids love them as well.

Muddy Buddies (Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chex Mix)

Muddy Buddies
Servings: 9 cups
Prep. Time: :10
Total Time: :10

Ingredients:
9 cups Chex cereal (Corn, Rice and/or Wheat)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Pour cereal into large bowl; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine. I set my microwave on thaw/defrost so I don't have to worry about burning the chocolate. You will want to microwave until smooth, stirring after 1 minute increments. Stir in vanilla.
3. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Pour cereal mixture into a large resealable plastic bag with powdered sugar. Seal securely and shake until all pieces are well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
The bowl of goodness usually disappears within the hour!

*just try not to add up all the calories & fat...you'll enjoy them so much more!

1 comment: