Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Low Carb Chicken & Strawberry Salad

I found this in my Betty Crocker Low-Carb Lifestyle Cookbook. One of my favs. This salad is super tasty!


Dressing:
3 TBS Apple Juice
2 TBS strawberry jam
2 TBS balsamic vinegar

Salad:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8 cups bite size spinach leaves
1 cup strawberries cut in half
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (I prefer mozzarella instead)
2 TBS finely chopped walnuts

In small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients until blended; set aside.

Cook chicken in skillet 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken to cutting board.
Add dressing to skillet; stir to loosen any pan drippings.
Cut chicken into slices. Among 4 plates, divide spinach. Top with chicken, strawberries and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy - going on my grocery list right now!

    ReplyDelete