Monday, July 4, 2011

Cream Cheese Strawberry Shortcake

1 white cake mix (or you can make a cake from scratch, but I'm not that kind of gal)
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
10 oz. strawberry jam (I just eyed it)
Fresh strawberries - cut into slices
Whipped cream

Prepare cake mix as directed, and bake in 2 well greased round pans. Let cool and remove from pans - let cool completely. Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar to make frosting. Spread frosting on first layer of cake, place second layer of cake on top. Frost sides with remaining frosting - DO NOT FROST TOP. Spread strawberry jam over top of cake. Place sliced strawberries on top (I covered the entire top with strawberries - the more the merrier!). Serve chilled topped with whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing, your blog will become my new recipe book :) I am following your blog, and also subscribed. Hope you like my blog too.

    Claudia

    http://deliciousspaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete