Monday, June 4, 2012

Desi's Bacon Chicken Pasta


My friend Desi made this pasta for me one night when Jim was out of town.  It was SOOOO yummy and I craved it for weeks after  eating it.  So, I finally put it on my meal plan and bought the ingredients.  I made it on a night that I had to be somewhere when Jim got home so I wasn't around when Jim ate.  When I returned Jim told me how good it was.  He said when he went to dish some up he thought it looked like a normal pasta and chicken dish, then he tasted it and thought to himself "This is really good, what is that flavor?"  Then the lightbulb when one, "Bacon!"  He was so happy that he sent me a text message telling me how good it was!  Ha ha.  This dish is definitely an indulgence with lots of naughty ingredients, but it is very much worth it!

Desi's original post is on her awesome cooking blog Oh So Delicioso and can be found here.  




16 oz farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
4 chicken breasts
1 12 oz bottle of Lawry's Mesquite marinade with lime juice
3/4 cup butter
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not the powdery stuff)
1 LB bacon (previously cooked and crumbled) **must be real bacon, not "bacon bits" or "real bacon"

(Optional)
1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes 
1 cup peas

1. In crock pot cook chicken in marinade on low for 6 hours.  Remove from marinade and cut into bite sized pieces.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and return to pot

3. In a small saucepan melt butter.  Add garlic, pepper, cream, cheese, and bacon.  Whisk for 3 to 4 minutes.  Stir in chicken and pour mixture over cooked pasta.  Stir to coat.  Top with a sprinkle of extra cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment